Re: Task harden.

Hi,

Quoting Ola Lundqvist (opal@debian.org):
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 04:32:46PM +0200, Arthur Korn wrote:
> > The builtin inetd services (chargen and such) where enabled per
> > default some time ago, is this still the case?
> I think so.
Do 'we' want to remove inetd entirely, or switch all services off ?
I purge netkit-inetd almost always myself, as i don't like tcp-wrappers
'picking up the phone' when there's nothing to answer.
netbase depends on netkit-inetd, so there's no 'clean' way to remove inetd
from an unstable system.
Bug #87240 (installing an inetd should be optional) comes to mind here; i'd
rather have netbase Recommends: netkit-inetd or something (i actually think
even that one shouldn't be there, but that'll probably 'hurt' too many
people)..

Greets,
	Robert
--
			      Linux Generation
	Life is a sexually transmitted disease with 100% mortality.