Re: A problem with Build-Depends

On 20010330T190106+0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> Read policy: You can assume essential: Yes packages and the
> build-essential[1] package to be installed.

You cannot assume that the package "build-essential" is installed
(for example, if your package for some strange reason parses
/usr/doc/build-essential/list at build time, you need to add an explicit
dependency).  However, you can assume that all its dependencies are
installed (assuming build-essential is up-to-date - if it isn't, bug me).