RFC: Ontology of Debian

As promised, here is a little work that explains ontology research and
how it might be applied to "net repositories" in an accessible way.
This work is unfortunately not well reviewed and is a work in progress.
However, it does contain useful information and it contains a lot of pointers
for further study.

I would have posted this 2 months ago when it was written, but unfortunately
I've had other assignments to deal with.

This work will be completed, and a following work will provide the long
sought ontology tools.

At any rate, I believe that it can be a good starting point for people who
are interested in constructing an ontology for Debian.

I now await your comments regarding this site and future work for making
an ontology available. I'd be very pleased if you observe the direction
I'm going and give me feedback on this.

Please note again that there may be grand errors in the text; I'm posting
it merely to give an idea.

PS: I've read a note about freshmeat. I guess the categories in freshmeat
are a good starting point, but a little limited in scope. Anyway, if
someone is interested in making freshmeat categories available
in Debian, it would be great! It could also be bootstrapped to other
categorization tools in the future.

PS2: I'm not subscribed to this list, please retain the Cc:

Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr