Re: Processing of .changes, and an ominous message.

    James> Okay, let's get something very clear here.  Upload Queue's
    James> are by their very implementation something that is specific
    James> to one person.

Obviously I disagree with this implementation, based on my previous
comments.  But that's not the point.

    James> The {samosa,auric,master} Upload Queues are
    James> NOT run by debian-admin; they're run by _me_.  This issue
    James> has NOTHING to do with debian-admin.  There are something
    James> like 7 or 8 upload queues.  At least 4 of those are run by
    James> people who never have been and probably never will be
    James> anything to do with debian-admin.

Whatever; the principle is still the same--it's been my experience
that setting up administrative structures that allow for the certainty
that people will eventually become uninvolved and protect against loss
of communications across such transitions benefits the group as a
whole.  It doesn't materially matter whether that group is
debian-admin, queue-damin@some site, or something else.  But again, my
point was not to try and convince you to change how you run these
queues.  See below.

    James> If you want to turn this
    James> into some rant about your ideas of how debian-admin
    James> et. al. should be run, do it in some other thread

I don't want to turn this into a rant at all.  You expressed
frustration; I tried to explain based on my admittedly non-Debian
experience why someone might choose to take a different attitude in
the hope you would understand that point of view.  I was trying to be
constructive.

    James> (preferably on some other list (and even better one that I
    James> don't read)).

It's a rather unfortunate situation when someone responsible for a
task is uninterested in being involved in a constructive discussion
about how that task is handled.  However, this is a fairly minor issue
and I think a prolonged discussion on this point would waste both of
our time.  I tried to make a constructive point and to show you
another way of looking at the situation.  Sorry that I failed.