Re: [RFC] apt-localepurge - automagically removing unnecessary locale files

dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org (David Starner) writes:

> True; there's often miscellanous junk in the /usr/share/locale
> directory (KDE's l10n directory, for example). OTOH, you're always
> going to have new locales show up that weren't taken into
> consideration -

Okay, so i inverted the deletion the way you proposed and i do like it
a lot more. Now those locale directories containing a LC_MESSAGES
subdirectory which are not listed in /etc/locale.nopurge will be
deleted and the "miscellaneous junk" won't be touched at all.

> I'm uncomfortable with just using locale.gen, since there may be
> locales you want to keep in /usr/share/locale that aren't in
> locale.gen.

Yes, you've convinced me and it has been done in another way which
should be working on potato as well.

The files can be either downloaded or fetched using apt from the same
site as stated before.
                                Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------