Re: Suggestion: Web-Interface for BTS should have a form to edit msgs.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 01:12:03AM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> What do you think of a little text field underneath the bug report where
> anybody can add comments or close the bug. This would be more compfortable
> than browsing the bug list and then cu&paste the bug number to the mail
> program.. and it should be very easy to do (I even offer to do this).

Not a good idea, IMHO. The traceability that so marks the current BTS
will likely be lost. Web forms are a bit too easy to fill, and I worry
that the BTS will be inundated with trivial, superfluous and possibly
conflicting information. I would most certainly discourage closing of
bugs with a web form that is accessible for the whole wide world.

I worry especially about how to trace who closed bugs and such.

Gopal.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer