Re: Officially drop Linux 2.0 support? (was Some /usr/doc NMUs coming up)

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 01:45:08AM -0800, Alexander Hvostov wrote:
> This is, however, my _personal_opinion_ and there will probably be very good
> reasons against it. Let the debate begin!

One reason against it is that there are probably machines running Debian
that were last rebooted before linux 2.2 was out.  It's sort of cool
to be able to keep upgrading those without losing their uptime -- it
demonstrates one of Debian's technical principles.

Richard Braakman
(always amused when his Red Hat using colleagues have to wipe their
machines to go from 7.x to 7.y or whatever).