Re: Processing of .changes, and an ominous message.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 07:14:53AM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> Aubin Paul <aubin@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Anyone know what this means?
>
> It means I screwed up the queue daemon while fooling around with ssh
> protocol 2.  Fixed.
>
> <rant> FFS, what is with people insisting on mailing a list of 1600
> odd people when a) 99% of them won't care and b) 0.06% of them can
> actually do anything about it?  There's a reply address on the mail.
> It has a human's name on it and it is read by a human.  Please use it.
> </rant>

Because he doesn't know if he's the first, or the 50,000th, to
receive the strange error message, he emails debian-devel so that, if
it's a common and known problem, it can be answered by someone else,
whilst you will answer it if not.

Roughly speaking, that's (one of the things) mailing lists are for,
isn't it?

At least, that's why I might have emailed here in his place.

Jules