Re: non-us troubles?

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 10:03:39PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 06:48:04PM -0700, Josh Miller wrote:
> > > yes; maybe this is a sinister plot to get everyone to switch to mirrors. ;)
> > >
> > > http://www.debian.org/misc/README.mirrors
> > > http://www.debian.org/misc/README.non-US
> >
> > That's hilarious.  Of course, this means security.debian.org is down
> > too.  Use the mirrors you say?  There aren't any (and for good
> > reasons, I agree).
>
> Didn't people as for non-US.debian.org?  Nobody mentioned security. :)

$ host nonus.debian.org
nonus.debian.org    	A	132.229.131.40
$ host security.debian.org
security.debian.org 	A	132.229.131.40

I mentioned it, cos it's the same host.

(I'm just bitter; I don't have a local mirror since switching jobs).

> > Security and uptime are always enemies :)
>
> Don't forget users in your calculation...

<mode="bofh">
Users are the enemy of more than security and uptime :)
</mode>

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.