Re: Packages still using /usr/doc in unstable

<adam@lapdoog.doogie.org> wrote:
>There are currently 350 packages in unstable still storing documentation in
>/usr/doc, and not /usr/share/doc.  I came up with this list by running the
>following command:
>
>adam@mirror:~$ zgrep ^usr/doc
>/mirror/debian/dists/unstable/Contents-i386.gz |awk '{print $2}'|sort -u
>> usr_doc.pkg-list
>
>There also happen to be 6 packages on nonus with this same problem.

http://auric.debian.org/~cjwatson/doc-scoreboard.html will keep count
from now on (non-US packages not included yet).

>I will be filing bugs on these packages shortly, unless I receive comments on
>this list about doing so.

Does anybody seriously object to NMUs taking place, with due care?
Considering it's been eighteen months since the Technical Committee's
decision, maintainers have had plenty of warning.