ITP: pgn-extract -- chess game extractor

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

I intend to package `extract'. This is a program to extract selected
games from a collection of chess games in PGN format. There are several
ways to specify the criteria on which to extract: textual move sequences,
the position reached after a sequence of moves, information in the tag
fields, and material balance in the ending.

I believe `extract' is better called `pgn-extract'; in my opinion,
the name `extract' is much too general for this program. It would also
surprise me very much if the name `extract' doesn't conflict with
anything else. (*)

(Pgn-)Extract is written by David Barnes <D.J.Barnes@ukc.ac.uk>
and is released under the GPL. It is available from
<http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/staff/djb/>

Peter van Rossum

(*) I recall there exists a list of all possible files installed by
Debian-packages, but I don't know where. Can anyone tell me where to
look for it?
--
Peter van Rossum, Department of Mathematics, University of Nijmegen,
Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands, Phone: +31-24-3652997,