Re: Splitting up snort

Tollef Fog Heen schrieb:
> | snort-rules would have to depend on a particular version of snort (the
> | snort that supported the features used in the rules).
>
> Or it could conflict with snort << the version which started
> supporting those rules.

snort-rules uses features of snort that are only present in
newer versions of snort, it depends on the features. Since dpkg
only supports dependencies on package level, this becomes a
dependency on snort ( >= foo ).  There is nothing in the old
snort versions that would stop snort-rules from working, it's no
conflict.

ciao, 2ri
--
"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did
not have C++ in mind."