evolution 0.9-1 completely broken?

Hi.  I recently started evolution 0.8 again (hadn't run it in ~1-2 weeks),
and was surprised to find that none of the helper apps appeared to be working.
Convinced that this was a development problem, I upgraded to evolution 0.9-1
at Fri Mar 23 01:06:12 UTC 2001, fired up evolution, and the same thing occurred.
I'm sure that I'm not running some sort of hijacked evolution because the
newly-installed copy sported an updated version number on the popup thingie.

Wondering if cross-version incompatibilities might be at fault, I moved my
~/evolution, and reran `evolution`.  It correctly asked me if it was O.K. to
store my data in ~/evolution, and started up in the same state.  ATM, I'm
wondering if this is only a local problem, a local but documented problem,
or a widespread problem.  Info below.

> [xsdg@~]$dpkg -l $(cat evdeps.log)
> | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                          Version                       Description
> +++-=============================-=============================-==========================================================================
> ii  gtkhtml                       0.8.2-2                       HTML rendering/editing library - bonobo component binary.
> ii  libcamel0                     0.9-1                         A generic Messaging Library
> ii  bonobo                        0.37-2                        The GNOME Bonobo System.
> ii  evolution                     0.9-1                         The group ware suite
> ii  gdk-imlib1                    1.9.8.1-helix6                Gdk-Imlib is an imaging library for use with gtk
> ii  libart2                       1.2.12-2                      The Gnome canvas widget
> ii  libaudiofile0                 0.1.9-0.1                     The Audiofile Library
> ii  libbonobo2                    0.37-2                        The GNOME Bonobo library.
> ii  libc6                         2.2.2-1                       GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data
> ii  libcamel0                     0.9-1                         A generic Messaging Library
> ii  libdb2                        2.7.7-2.2                     The Berkeley database routines (run-time files).
> ii  libesd0                       0.2.22-2                      Enlightened Sound Daemon - Shared libraries
> un  libesd-alsa0                  <none>                        (no description available)
> ii  libgal4                       0.5-5                         G App Libs (run time library)
> ii  libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2          0.10.1-1                      The GNOME GdkPixBuf library.
> ii  libgdk-pixbuf2                0.10.1-1                      The GdkPixBuf library.
> ii  libglade-gnome0               0.14-helix1                   Library to load .glade files at runtime (Gnome widgets support).
> ii  libglade0                     0.16-2                        Library to load .glade files at runtime.
> ii  libglib1.2                    1.2.9-1                       The GLib library of C routines
> ii  libgnome-vfs0                 1.0-2                         The GNOME virtual file-system libraries
> ii  libgnome32                    1.2.13-2                      The Gnome libraries
> ii  libgnomeprint11               0.25-helix1                   The GNOME Print architecture
> ii  libgnomesupport0              1.2.13-2                      The Gnome libraries (Support libraries)
> ii  libgnomeui32                  1.2.13-2                      The Gnome libraries (User Interface)
> ii  libgnorba27                   1.2.12-2                      Gnome CORBA services
> [...]

Any and all suggestions welcome.
	--xsdg

/ What has four legs and an arm?                    \
\      A happy pit bull.                            /
/    http://xsdg.hypermart.net|xsdg@softhome.net    \