Re: Maintainership.

To quote Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>,
# On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 03:59:27PM -0500, David B. Harris wrote:
# > Good day :)
# >
# > I'm rather interested in becoming a Debian maintainer(don't
immediately
# > reply with "go to www.debian.org's 'Developer's Corner' and start
# > reading; finish reading the email ;). Anyways, I've read the various
# > docs, familiarized myself with the various procedures, so on and so
# > forth. I actually finished making somewhat-policy-compliant Mozilla
0.8
# > packages a day before Kitame released his(mine look more like Myth's
# > pre-release debs at pandora.debian.org/~robot101). Anyways, I'm
going to
# > be joining the army soon-ish, and I was wondering if people would be
# > irritated if I became a Debian maintainer, then didn't do anything
for a
# > number of months(maybe a year)?
#
# Actually yes, most people would be irritated if you were MIA from the
# get go. I would suggest just helping along with various non-DD things
# (bug reports, testing, etc..) before becoming a developer, until you
# can allot some time to do things.

That's what I'll do :) I wasn't really going to say anything, but I
figured I should be getting other people's opinions on the matter.
Thanks for the response :)

# FYI, just a warning, you may have opened a can of worms with this
email
# :)

Aw, crap. :)

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)