Re: Problem with libpaperg in testing

    Adrian> That doesn't help in my case: The dependency on debconf
    Adrian> isn't generated by shlibs (then this problem wouldn't
    Adrian> occur), but I have to set the right dependency for what I
    Adrian> use in the postinst. I'm sure the broken version of
    Adrian> libpaperg builds perfectly in testing.
    >> I may have misunderstood the issues involved here, so please
    >> correct me if I am wrong. I make the following assumptions:
    >>
    >> - a package must be built with a specific version of debconf.

    Adrian> This assumption is wrong: You don't need debconf when
    Adrian> building the package, it's only needed in the preinst
    Adrian> and/or postinst of a package.

Oh, sorry, then, I must have misunderstood something (it didn't seem
to make sense).

I was reading the thread as: this problem occurs because libpaperg is
built on unstable instead of testing or stable. Which would mean that
the dependency on debconf depends on the build environment.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>