Re: Xpdf fuckware

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 01:42:54AM +0200, Sampo Niskanen wrote:
> IMHO the user should know when the author/creator has requested the
> material not to be copied or printed. The bits relay the request from the
> author. They may have been set for a reason. I think it would be quite
> irresponsible for a program to totally ignore the request.

IMHO, if the author/creator does not want it to be copied or printed,
then he/she should state that intention in bloody bold letters on the
front page.  If they chose to hide this intention, then so be it.  It's
not the software's responsibility to make their intentions heard if they
don't do it themselves.

--
 Andreas E. Bombe <andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de>    DSA key 0x04880A44
http://home.pages.de/~andreas.bombe/    http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/