Re: Question about apt-get source and building a package

    Charles> I assumed that apt-get source and compiling these package
    Charles> on my system with export CFLAGS='-march=i686 and such
    Charles> will do the trick, but I noticed that dpkg-architecture
    Charles> prints out i386 for everyhting.

Why not just edit your specs file to force this?  'gcc -v' will give
you the path to the file.  The relevent sections to fiddle with are
'cpp_cpu' and 'cc1_cpu'.  That way any packages you compiled locally
will get the benefits of this.

Of course, if you reinstall your compiler, you'll need to re-edit the
specs file. :/

--
Stephen

"A duck!"