Re: lintian whining about app-defaults file

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:31:05AM -0800, phil@bolthole.com wrote:
> It seems lintian has just newly started complaining if you dont explicitly
> put your app-defaults file in "conffiles".

Other people have addressed your remaining points, but I'd like to clarify
one thing:

App-defaults files do not have to be conffiles.  They have to be
configuration files, and may be conffiles.  There's nothing inherently
wrong with writing a set of debconf questions to control the contents of
the app-defaults file for your package, for instance.  In such a case, you
definitely would not want to mark the app-defaults file as a conffile.

Is policy not sufficiently clear about this?

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    The first thing the communists do when
Debian GNU/Linux                |    they take over a country is to outlaw