Re: dpkg-source and NFS; stale NFS file handle

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Valentijn Sessink wrote:
> Hi,

> file handle'' error and the build stops.
>
> I can find this bug with Google, but not in the Debian bug tracking
> system. I assume I do something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm
> new to package development, but the Debian Mentor list could not help me
> here.
>
> When I build it on local disk, I get a correct .deb-package, without any
> errors. So it has something to do with the NFS fs. Can anyone help here?

had the same problem, installing nfs-kernel-server solved it for me, linux
2.2.18 potato nfs server(s), 2.4.2 sid client. knfsd seems a bit slower
than the userspace server, which is odd... of course, the nfs server only
has 32mb of ram, which might have something to do with it.

incidentally, has anyone else noticed how flaky the userspace nfs server
is in potato? i frequently (once a week, or more) have my one remaining
userspace nfs server hang for no reason... all the clients
complain about `nfs server foo not responding, timed out'. restarting nfsd
& mountd (via /etc/init.d/nfs-server) solves it, but it's incredibly
annoying.