testing gripes

So, is anyone else becoming as tired as I am about people filing bugs
over and over against packages in testing, when fixed versions have
existed in unstable for some time?

Two good examples:

1. debian-user is full of bugs about realplayer not
   upgrading; this was fixed in 8.0.2, but it's not made it into testing
   yet, and the buggy version did, before the bug was even discovered. So
   people will continue to hit this bug for a while yet.

2. I get at least 2 bugs a day now about bugs in debconf 0.2.80.17. Perl
   5.6 makes it spew all kinds of crap that it didn't used to, plus it
   has sagans and sagans of known, and now fixed bugs -- it's a year old
   after all. My best efforts to get a new version into testing were
   foiled by an incompatable change to apt, so it will be weeks from now
   until this bug barrage ends, at the least.

I have little constructive to say, but I'm getting more annoyed by the
day.

--
see shy jo