Re: Mysql Chroot

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 06:21:37PM +0000, stephen@cormac.office.netpresto.co.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to chroot mysql. Everything works OK except
> for socket connections from PHP code. The connection
> error is can't connect to socket /tmp/mysqld.sock. This
> socket does exist in the chrooted environment.
 I guess that PHP is looking at wrong places.. /tmp/mysqld.sock may exist
 only in chrooted env. that path is probably correct nut only in that
 chrooted env. In non-chrooted env the path to socket is different
 (/path/to/chroot/tmp/mysqld.sock) I don't know if this can be made w/o
 recompilation of PHP but try to configure PHP so that it looks for
 mysqld.sock in the dir that coresponds to /tmp in chroot jail.

--
 Robert Ramiega  | robert@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 UIN: 13201047   | http://www.plukwa.net/         | the power of Source