Re: popularity contest and queso

On Mar 11, Jacob Kuntz wrote:
> i just recieved a queso fingerprint packet from master.debian.org. this
> corrisponded with me flushing my sendmail queue, which contained one
> message: apenwarr-survey@debian.org.
>
> i'm not mad or anything, but it would be nice to have seen a notice that you
> will be doing this. wouldn't it be more kosher to use a call to uname in the
> crontab?

If the popularity contest is being spammed by bogus entries from
non-Linux users, calling uname in the client-side scripts won't do any
good, as that could also be forged.

Then again, maybe master does this on all email, not just popcon...

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Instructor and Doctoral Student, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5949