Re: Package modifying its own control at build?

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 05:57:17PM +1100, Brian May <bam@debian.org> was heard to say:
>     Eduard> Why don't you just use substvars?
>
>     Eduard> Put
>
>     Eduard> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, package,
>     Eduard> package{extra:Depends}
>
> Aren't we talking about build-depends here?
>
> (those packages Marcus mentioned look more like build-depends to me.
> Also, [...] syntax only works in build-depends)

  I thought build-depends already had "foo [arch]"..

  Anyway, the package Marcus was specifically talking about was a -dev
package which depended on another -dev package.  (libstdc++2.10-dev)

  Daniel

|            "But what *does* kill me bloody well leaves me dead!"            |
|              -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_                            |
\---- News without the $$ -- National Public Radio -- http://www.npr.org ----/