PPP and MPPE and Non-US

	I'd like to add MPPE support to the ppp package in debian. First
there's a few problems I need to get around.

	Now most of the encryption stuff actually goes in a kernel
module so this module can sit in non-US.

	The ppp modules doesn need to use openssl calls, so ppp could
sit in main but then it would depend on non-US//main/openssl which I'm
assuming is bad since ppp is in base.

	So at the moment my thoughts are that unless I can rip the
openssl stuff out of ppp and still make things work then I really need
to create a seperate package say ppp-mppe for this to all work.

	Are there any other alternatives to get around this? Is there
any documentation anywhere on what exactly pushes something over the
edge and pushes it into non-US ie a list of algorithms or something
similar.

	The only other option at the moment is to try and get ppp to
dynamically load openssl at runtime rather than at excecution. That way I
would only make the kernel-module depend on openssl.

--
John Ferlito
Senior Engineer - Bulletproof Networks