Re: Kerberos on .debian.org?

    Jason> On 8 Mar 2001, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

    >> With the help of 'libpam-krb5' and the pam_krb5_migrate.so (can
    >> be found at 'ftp://ftp.netexpress.net/pub/pam/') it would be
    >> 'easy' to be able to use krsh/ktelnet etc to login securely to
    >> any Debian machine.

    Jason> Or not. We are not doing the central KDC thing for obvious
    Jason> reasons.

I'm utterly failing to see what these obvious reasons are.  I suspect
there is a misunderstanding of the security guarantees that debian.org
currently has or a misunderstanding of how Kerberos works.

If/when a group of people propose something as well as state
significant advantages to that proposal, you should do more than
randomly snipe to present a credible argument against.