Re: FilterProxy and DFSG-compliancy?

On Thursday 08 March 2001 22:33, Scott Dier wrote:
> * Corrin Lakeland <lakeland@freki.otago.ac.nz> [010308 15:10]:
> > PS: personally I support the author's intention and think it is a pity if
> > it has to go into non-free.
>
> So what, bend the DFSG for intrepretation?  Christ, whats next? Pigs
> flying around?

Why does these comments have to be aired? It's like changing the topic to
"flame-bait"...
I, too, think that the author was in the right mind when adding that extra
license. And I also think that it would be a pity if it went in non-free.
Nobody suggested bending the DFSG, it was just suggested that we feel
sympathetic to the reasons. FilterProxy isn't only about filtering ads, but
please see the homepage (draal.physics.wisc.edu/FilterProxy.html) for more
info on its capabilities. No matter if it goes in Debian or not, I /will/
debianize it. It is just a matter of me recommeding it to people, and then
they'll have to get it from me. It'd rather have seen it go to main, but...
well..

P.S. - I know this post could also have been a "jokey"-one. Please please
please make a smiley the next time, and sorry for the outburst if that's the
case. I'm sensitive :)

Rgds
Kenneth