Re: FilterProxy and DFSG-compliancy?

On Thursday 08 March 2001 21:53, you wrote:
> The license to the code itself is in the GPL. The author is just trying to
> ensure that nobody will use the program to censor any kind of content. I am
> not sure if a license for the usage of the program applies to the own
> copyright too, but I think he tried to state that the code itself is 100%
> GPL, you just can't use FilterProxy as a censoring tool.

Yep, I got that part, too. I think it is fair, the way he wrote it, or else
we'd see some more slashdot coverage when larger sites but up filtering
proxies. But however, I was afraid this might be against the DFSG, because it
restricts it's use. Therefore, I wanted to consult a broader audience to make
sure I wasn't violating the DFSG by putting this package in Debian.

OTOH, it is GPL, so, well, hmm, I dunno :(

Rgds
Kenneth