Re: holding packages

    Brandon> Maybe this is what you are looking for echo packagename
    Brandon> hold | dpkg --set-selections

    Brandon> That's what I usually use to hold packages. There might
    Brandon> be a better way to do it now but this has always worked
    Brandon> for me.

I never can never remember: what comes first, "hold" or the
packagename... Is there any danger in trying to set the status of the
package called "hold" (if one exists) to "libldap2-dev"? Or, will it
generate an error? (I think this would produce an error, but it still
makes me a bit nervous).

Personally I would like to be able to do something like:

dpkg --setstatus hold libldap2-dev libsasl-dev libhsync0 libhsync-dev

all on the one dpkg command line.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>