Re: Messed up md5 sums on mirrors

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 07:35:52PM -0500, Christopher George Davis uttered these words:
:
: Morning,
:
: I was reinstalling 2 of my machines here, and I ran into a couple of
: problems with un-matching md5sums on 2 mirrors
:
: Specifically,
:
: locales_2.2.1-1_all.deb from ftp.ca.debian.org (woody)
:
: libncurses5_5.0-6.0potato1.deb from mirror.idirect.ca (potato)
:
: These were the 2 i found, but switching to the other mirror, and i got the
: correct file.
:
: I was just wondering who i should notify about this, or if i should just
: let the mirror update fix it.

I'm not sure, but could this possibly be a security issue and may need some redirection to another list? I mean, if the reason the md5sums do not match are because the packages have been tampered with, then this could propose a major issue.
This was just my first thought after reading this messages.

--
Brandon L. Griffith   | <blgriffith@openverse.org> | Proudly neglecting my
Lexmark International | <brandon@debian.org>       | marital duties in favor of

Give me liberty, or give me something of equal
or lesser value from your glossy 32-page catalog.