Re: ftp.nl.debian.org

J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> > > I meant: dns of *.nl.debian.org
>
> ftp.nl.debian.org = walrus.nl.uu.net. mtr from Delft Univ network doesn't take
> any detour; avg ping = 5 ms. But doesn't offer rsync access.

A problem with that machine is that the UUnet peering policy applies,
and although that doesn't matter for SURFnet and I think XS4ALL, it
does mean that a lot of the Dutch people will see their packets making
the USA detour.

For them, it could well be that ftp.{fi,uk}.debian.org are good
alternatives.

> > ftp://ftp.student.utwente.nl/ 	Univ. Twente
>
> Debian not in /debian, and
> ftp://ftp.student.utwente.nl/pub/linux/debian/project/trace/:
>   ftp-master.debian.org    29 bytes Fri Feb  9 19:00:00 2001
>   ftp.nl.debian.org        29 bytes Tue Feb 13 09:26:00 2001
>   usw-pr-web.sourcef...    29 bytes Fri Feb  9 20:05:00 2001
> Doesn't seem to update very often. Doesn't offer rsync access. FTP advertises

This message is Bcc'd to the maintainer, I hope he can look in to this
issue. Note that one of the disks within the LVM setup had itself for
breakfast a few weeks ago, I don't know if everything is fully
operational again.

> max. 25 connections.

The machine is not that big you know... I don't think it's fully loaden
usually, by the way.

cheers,
Remco.