Debconf utility?

Has anyone created a utility to make debconf script-writing easier? Not
that I'm too lazy to delve fully into the specifics of debconf, but for my
first project I wonder if there's some tool to help me through it.

I've been on this list long enough to be wary -- please don't start a
flamewar based on this question. I don't want to be responsible for a war
over whether or not one should be written, whether it makes developers too
soft, or anything like that. This is just a simple query to find out if
such a tool exists.

Make love, not war! ;)

----

Jonathan Eisenstein