Re: Planning to split doc-rfc

debian-devel.lists.debian.org@marc-haber.de (Marc Haber)  wrote on 25.02.01 in <[🔎] E14WzjA-00057o-00@torres.ka0.zugschlus.de>:

> However, I'd refrain from pulling rfc-historic into the doc-rfc
> pseudopackage.

Sure.

> No use to have RFCs that have been superseded.

But that's not exactly what "Historic" is. It's a list of RFCs that have
explicitely been labelled as "Historic", some as they were published; it's
more "of historic interest" than "superseded".

The current list is short enough to append here:

HISTORIC

Mnemonic   Title                                                    RFC#
--------   IP Authentication using Keyed SHA1 with Interleaved     2841*
              Padding (IP-MAC)
L2F        Cisco Layer Two Forwarding (Protocol) "L2F"             2341
IPV6-UNI   An IPv6 Provider-Based Unicast Address Format           2073
HTML-INT   Internationalization of the Hypertext Markup Language   2070
--------   A Proposed Extension to HTML : Client-Side Image Maps   1980*
HTML-TBL   HTML Tables                                             1942
--------   Internet Official Protocol Standards                    1920
IPV6-Addr  IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture                    1884
--------   Form-based File Upload in HTML                          1867
HTML       Hypertext Markup Language - 2.0                         1866
--------   Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-        1623*
              like Interface Types
SNMPv2     Manager-to-Manager Management Information Base          1451
SNMPv2     Party MIB for version 2 of the Simple Network           1447
              Management Protocol (SNMPv2)
SNMPv2     Security Protocols for version 2 of the Simple          1446
              Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2)
SNMPv2     Administrative Model for version 2 of the Simple        1445
              Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2)
TOPT-ENVIR Telnet Environment Option                               1408
--------   IAB Official Protocol Standards                         1360*
SNMP-PARTY Definitions of Managed Objects for Administration       1353*
              of SNMP Parties
SNMP-SEC   SNMP Security Protocols                                 1352*
SNMP-ADMIN SNMP Administrative Model                               1351*
BGP3       Application of the Border Gateway Protocol in           1268
              the Internet
BGP3       Border Gateway Protocol 3 (BGP-3)                       1267
OSI-UDP    OSI connectionless transport services on top of         1240*
              UDP: Version 1
802.4-MIP  IEEE 802.4 Token Bus MIB                                1230
SNMP-MUX   SNMP MUX protocol and MIB                               1227
OIM-MIB-II OSI internet management: Management Information Base    1214
IMAP3      Interactive Mail Access Protocol: Version 3             1203
CMOT       Common Management Information Services and Protocols    1189
              for the Internet (CMOT and CMIP)
BGP        Application of the Border Gateway Protocol in           1164
              the Internet
BGP        Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)                           1163
MIB-I      Management Information Base for network management      1156
              of TCP/IP-based internets
--------   Mapping between full RFC 822 and RFC 822 with           1137
              restricted encoding
--------   Privacy enhancement for Internet electronic mail:       1115
               Part III - algorithms, modes, and identifiers
--------   Privacy enhancement for Internet electronic mail:       1114
               Part II - certificate-based key management
--------   Privacy enhancement for Internet electronic mail:       1113
               Part I - message encipherment and authentication
              procedures
IPSO       U.S. Department of Defense Security Options for         1108
              the Internet Protocol
RIP        Routing Information Protocol                            1058
---------  Standard for the transmission of IP datagrams           1051
              and ARP packets over ARCNET networks
SUN-RPC    RPC: Remote Procedure Call Protocol specification       1050
CONTENT    Content-type header field for Internet messages         1049
NFILE      NFILE - a file access protocol                          1037
SGMP       Simple Gateway Monitoring Protocol                      1028
HEMS       High-level Entity Management System (HEMS)              1021
--------   Requirements for Internet gateways                      1009
STATSRV    Statistics server                                        996
HOSTNAME   Hostname Server                                          953
POP2       Post Office Protocol: Version 2                          937
HFEP       Proposed Host-Front End Protocol                         929
RATP       Reliable Asynchronous Transfer Protocol (RATP)           916
THINWIRE   Thinwire protocol for connecting personal computers      914
              to the Internet
SFTP       Simple File Transfer Protocol                            913
EGP        Exterior Gateway Protocol formal specification           904
HMP        Host Monitoring Protocol                                 869
GGP        DARPA Internet gateway                                   823
RTELNET    Remote User Telnet service                               818
CLOCK      DCNET Internet Clock Service                             778
MPM        Internet Message Protocol                                759
NETRJS     NETRJS Protocol                                          740
SUPDUP     SUPDUP Protocol                                          734
--------   Assigned Network Numbers                                 717*
TOPT-OLD   Telnet output linefeed disposition                       658
TOPT-OVTD  Telnet output vertical tab disposition option            657
TOPT-OVT   Telnet output vertical tabstops option                   656
TOPT-OFD   Telnet output formfeed disposition option                655
TOPT-OHTD  Telnet output horizontal tab disposition option          654
TOPT-OHT   Telnet output horizontal tabstops option                 653
TOPT-OCRD  Telnet output carriage-return disposition option         652
NETED      NETED: A Common Editor for the ARPA Network              569
RJE        Remote Job Entry Protocol                                407

MfG Kai