Re: sipp: Can this package be removed?

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 11:43:45AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > I have the opposite opinion: I don't know if some people use it, and
> > that's a reason why I prefer keeping it over removing it (as long as
> > there's not a good reason why to remove it).
>
> I agree on this one: there's no reasen to remove a package unless it has
> been proven that it doesn't work. You can never be sure that noone uses
> the package, even if you don't get bugreports.

I disagree. There is one thing that is worse than having no package:
Downloading the fucking thing, installing it and then you discover
that it does not work. So you now have to download the source etc.

As packages that are not used will never be checked by a user and
if the maintainer does not use it himself I would like to not have
the package at all. At least not as an official package - move it
to somewhere in the pool where only developers can see it.

If somebody asks for it - fine. Move it back, send it to him and
make him check the package.

cu
	Torsten