Build-Depends

Greetings!  What's the best way to systematically determine build
dependencies for existing packages?  I don't have the resources to
dedicate a separate machine with the autobuilder configuration.  The
best I can think of is to make a chroot environment on a running
system, build under that, and add Build-depends until the build is
successful.  Don't know exactly how to make such a chroot
build-essential environment, but I could probably figure it out.  Is
anything available "ready to go"?  Please respond directly, as I don't
subscribe to this list.

Thanks!