Re: Debian Conference 1 : new dates
- To: Debian / LSM <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, Bruce Perens <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ian Murdock <email@example.com>, Russell Coker <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Liz Coolbaugh <email@example.com>, Martin Michlmayr <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Christoph Lameter <email@example.com>, Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE>, James Bromberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Debian Conference 1 : new dates
- From: Eric VB <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:36:18 +0100
- Message-id: <20010222003618.A864@femto.eric.ath.cx>
- Reply-to: Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be
- In-reply-to: <20010221222712.D686@polynum.com>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:27:12PM +0100
- References: <20010221222712.D686@polynum.com>
Is there any registration list open ?
On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:27:12PM +0100, Thierry Laronde wrote:
> After some discussions with the LSM and LinuxTag people, and after a
> suggestion made by Martin Michlmayr, we have decided and succeeded to
> organize the Debian Conference during the following dates :
> From Monday July the 2nd to Thursday July the 5th, in Bordeaux (France)
> That is two days in advance compared to the previous dates, the very
> same week.
> Here is the reminder of the European Big Libre Week (2-8 of July 2001):
> Deb Con 2-5 Bordeaux (France)
> LSM 4-8 Bordeaux (France)
> LinuxTag 5-8 Stuttgart (Germany)
> The new dates will allow people to attend Debian Conference, LSM and/or
> General Schedule of Debian Conference
> Obviously, we will organize Debian specific topics (internals) first
> (the first two days), and more general topics (use of Debian, or
> applications built on Debian) the last two days, in order to let the
> general audience of the LSM attend these presentations.
> Some reference points :
> Monday morning will be left in order for people to get installed in the
> campus of Bordeaux I.
> Monday afternoon : "Speech from the Throne"
> Wednesday, end of the afternoon : the "classroom" photo.
> Conferences/speeches from Bruce Perens, Christoph Lameter, Marcus Brinkman
> are already planned.
> Debian Junior, as suggested by Andreas Tille, have to be covered (in
> relation with the more general "Libre software and education" in the
> The conference is yours, so I encourage debianers to propose themes. The
> deadline for the papers is the end of May.
> I will regularly take stock of the planning.
> http://lsm.abul.org/ [Site of the Libre Software Meeting (aka Rencontres
> Mondiales du Logiciel Libre]
> Cu in Bordeaux,
> Thierry LARONDE <email@example.com>
> 10, rue du Bel Air, 74000 ANNECY - FRANCE/ Tel : 33.(0)18.104.22.168.61
> /home du SDF (Site Debian Francophone) : http://sdf.polynum.org/
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT