Re: Using debconf to choose among related packages.

Peter Makholm wrote:
> But this doesn't configure the new choice. I guess something like the
> following could be done (Well probally instead of the last db_input
> and db_go):
>
>   db_metaget shared/window-manager owners
>   for PKG in $RET; do
>     dpkg-reconfigure -u $PKG;
>   done
>
> It is the way to go? Could it break anything? Have I overlooked
> something obvious?

Urk. I have my doubts that would work.

When I write that example in the tutorial, I was assumming a
tightly-knit set of packages, and just assumed that they could take care
of setting things up to use whatever package was selected. For example,
if they were X servers, they could just update the X symlink to point to
the right binary.

--
see shy jo