Re: Actual usage of different packages..

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:37:53AM -0600, Tom Musgrove wrote:
> Has any attempt been made to find out what packages are actually used by
> Debian users?
>
> It seems likely that there are a number of redundant packages that could be
> dropped if it turns out their userbase/user-commitment is small.

Check out the popularity-contest package. As a general rule, though,
if there's a maintainer willing to maintain it, it will stay in Debian,
no matter how many people do or don't use it.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and