Re: Problem with X

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 11:32:56AM +0100, Raphael Bossek wrote:
> hi Jean-Philippe Tardif,
>
> > I am having some bad time running X.  Actually, XFree86 works pretty
> > well, but I can't log as a user.  Startx works as root, but as a user,
> > it starts, but nothing else happen,
>
> I'm not sure but check this file...
>
> $ cat /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
> allowed_users=console
> nice_value=-10
> $

Look if your X binary has the right permissions...

alain@marvin:~$ ls -la `which X`
-rwsr-sr-x    1 root     root         6764 Feb 16 01:07 /usr/bin/X11/X

Last time I upgraded a potato box to sid it was somehow mixed up. With
the next box (same day, same packages and versions) it worked fine. I
have no clue why.

btw: I just recognized, that I have no "startx" no more...

	Bye,
	  - -- Alain -- -

--
Ich gehe sogar noch weiter, ich verwende "Sicherheit" nun im Zusammenhang
mit: Kochplatten, Toaster und Motorsaegen. 8)