Re: BSMTP on debian.net

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 10:19:58AM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > easy to use stunnel as a wrapper for uucico so that the entire
> > session is encrypted.
>
> Except I use SSH (with a dedicated key and a captive account) instead
> of SSL.  Matter of taste.

i never bothered trying ssh for this, stunnel worked when i needed it,
so i just used it. also, i didn't want to set up a special account
for it or mess with authorised_keys or whatever - i only cared about
encryption of the session, not authentication. uucico login/password
handles the auth.

care to post a brief description of how you set up uucp to tunnel over
ssh?  i'm interested in seeing how someone else does a similar job...

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0