Re: /etc/init.d/modclean

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 10:03:11PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 01:27:12AM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > What package created this conffile and didn't remove it?
>
> Is this a trick question? It starts and stops /sbin/modclean,
> so it seems likely that modutils created it.

I thought it could be modutils, but none of my systems (potato or sid) had an
/sbin/modclean, so I couldn't be sure.  I never used modclean.

It looks like it was removed in 2.3.11-6, which was uploaded to frozen.  That
version probably should have included commands to remove /etc/init.d/modclean.

> modutils (in potato) appears to contain the manual page for
> modclean despite not providing the binary.

True, I didn't look for that.

--
 - mdz