Re: upsd maintainer

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 05:29:44PM +0100, Alexander Schulz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is anybody working on upsd? I see it bouncing between Adopting and orphaned
> states. Anybody knowing the real status?

No. I prefer Network UPS Tools to any of the other UPS monitoring daemons. You
may wish to install the 'nut' package.

> If nobody else does, I would like to take it over because I don't want it to
> drop out of the distribution.

Ok. Fortunately, there are other alternatives, like nut.

Please visit the New Maintainer site at nm.debian.org. Specifically, you may
wish to review p://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-checklist

> Will I have to get my gpg-key signed by a maintainer or is a certification
> agency good enough?

We prefer that you have your GPG key signed by a current debian maintainer. If
this is not possible, alternate arrangements can be made. For example, you
could provide your Application Manager a scanned image of your
government-issued identification, signed with your gpg key. In addition, you
should provide a contact name of a 'reputable' person who can verify your
identity from that scanned image. Examples of 'reputable' persons include
University professors, employers, etc. Whether this 'reputable' contact person
is contacted is a decision your Application Manager and/or the Debian Account
Manager will make.

> The documentation is somewhat contradictory.

I hope I've helped to clarify the documentation for you. The 'reputable'
contact person is not mentioned at the New Maintainer site, but it's a common
practice, I believe.

Yours,

Luca

--
Luca Filipozzi
[dpkg] We are the apt. Resistance is futile. You will be packaged.