RE: assimilating OpenBSD

> the main GNU tools in question is a small group of software, why not
> put it through an audit?  this would benifit every GNU/Linux distro.

Agreed.  Of course it is a lot of work to audit a system like Debian.
However, I don't believe the answer is to jettison everything the FSF
and GNU hackers have done in the effort to create a secure distribution.
Auditing efforts would greatly benefit these projects and directly
contribute to the security of Debian proper.

-Brent