Re: Bugs about new upstream versions

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 07:44:57PM +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>:
> > 	If one gets so easily bugged by user communication, one should
> >  reconsider being a free software developer, perhaps ;-)
>
> I don't mind user communication at all. I do mind people nagging at me
> to do things I've already scheduled or am already doing. :)

Nagging implies repition. People should try and not submit multiple
bugs on the same issue. But nothing tells us you know about the
upstream version, and it's not unreasonable to assume you don't if
you haven't done anything about it for weeks or months. On the same
lines, I don't know if you're already working on the persistent
crashes I saw in your package (rhetorically speaking) - should I
not submit a bug on it?

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and