Re: Packages and signatures

Quoting Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com):
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 04:46:44PM +0100, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > I think we should add a sane ipchains config to the developers
> > reference so that developer machines are save from network attacks. Here
> > is what I have but I am not entirely sure it is safe:
>

> You're aware that ipchains has been obsoleted in 2.4.x by netfilter,
> right?

Netfilter provides a compatibility module for ipchains.

I would recommend to use rcf (aka rc.firewall).
It is pretty good in terms of what you can do in terms of
port based firewalling. In the forsable future it will be
ported to netfilter and is extremely flexible in what kind
of network topologies it can support.

The is a .deb package for it but unfortunately it is not yet
officially in Debian.

Mike