Re: RFC: Central version control for Debian

Previously Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> etc., etc.  The biggest barrier to making this work seems to be deciding who
> should be able to commit changes where.

A big barrier for me would be money: using CVS properly means commiting
fixes regularly instead of doing large commits with lots of unrelated
changes. Every time I have to commit something I have to dial in, and
every time I dial in I have to pay a setup fee for the connection and
for every second I use it. In other words: this will make things a lot
more expensive for me, and everybody else who doesn't have to luck to
live in one of the few parts of the world where you have flat fee

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |