Re: libc6 upgrade trouble due to dpkg/tar failures

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 02:12:11PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:

> > 1.8.1.2, shortly before upgrading to 1.8.3.1 (which pre-depends on libc6
> > 2.2.1, however). If I unpack the deb manually with ar and check
> > data.tar.gz with tar tzvf it is corrupted as well...
>
> Oh, if doing it manually shows a problem, then it isn't a problem with dpkg
> extraction.  I haven't heard of anyone else having problems, tho.

My JavaStation (sparc architecture) running the unstable branch has this
problem as well. Dpkg miserably fails to install both libc6 and libc6-dev. I
did not report a bug because I wasn't convinced it was a problem with the
package.

  Guus Sliepen <guus@sliepen.warande.net>
See also: http://tinc.nl.linux.org/
          http://www.kernelbench.org/