Re: Install and RAID

On Monday 22 January 2001 23:18, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Russell Coker wrote:
> > RAID is vitally important for serious machines.  This means all
> > server-type machines and workstations for people who do important work.
>
> If you're going to be modifying the installer in such a dramatic way, one
> which will certainly break lots of things that work now (as anything this
> big is bound to lead to problems in the short-term), I would strongly
> encourage you to focus your efforts on getting good journalling support
> into the default install.

I've got a 4G ReiserFS file system which panics my kernel when I try to mount
it.  When they develop a fsck program that can fix my file system and the
other file systems people have with similar problems then ReiserFS will be
ready for the Debian install process.
Currently no other journalled file system is as close to being ready as
ReiserFS...