Re: Packaging Circlepack

   Hello Josh,

   It's strange that I am being contacted frequently about packages that I have not
touched for a couple of years.  Because of my postdoc position, I have no time for
Debian.  Most of my packages are slated for removal from the distribution, including
circleopack.  It needs a new maintainer.   I have Contents files for six architectures
lying around, and all of them have circlepack (which doens't mean that it is functional)

   barrios 6 > zgrep circlep Contents* | grep bin
   Contents-alpha.gz:usr/bin/circlepack math/circlepack
   Contents-arm.gz:usr/bin/circlepack math/circlepack
   Contents-i386.gz:usr/bin/circlepack math/circlepack
   Contents-m68k.gz:usr/bin/circlepack math/circlepack
   Contents-powerpc.gz:usr/bin/circlepack math/circlepack
   Contents-sparc.gz:usr/bin/circlepack math/circlepack

I never made peace with autoconf. There are different opinions flying around. Maybe I
just never learned to use it correctly.  I think that within Debian distributions, it
is not neccessary, because filesystem layout is the same on all architectures.

If you don't have the inclination to package it, try sending a request to the debian
devel list or the wnpp list.
    Good luck.

   John