Re: Release-critical Bugreport for January 19, 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Peter Novodvorsky wrote:

> Hello!

Hi Peter!

> If no one objects I can make NMU today's  evening. It will be new
> 0.7.12 with #74882 (and several others with same complants) fixed,
> new package abiword-gnome and with Replaces: abiwordin -expat, -gnome
> and -xml.

Please ask Darren before you do a NMU and when he doesn't answer
immediately give him some time (several weeks) - most of us work for
Debian in our spare time and even if someone hasn't the time to fix bugs
in his packages you shouldn't do NMUs without the permission of the
maintainer when there aren't REALLY good reasons why the fix is extremely
urgent (big security hole, "rm -rf /*" in the postinst,...).

> 				   Bye,
> 					NIDD

cu,
Adrian