Re: dpkg and pre-versions

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 11:34:45PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > In fact, I just remembered that's what we decided to do last time. Wasn't
> > it?
> No, because the one integer thing is a myth, IIRC dpkg is not implemented
> like that and APT certainly isn't.

dpkg implements epochs as an int.  One character isn't guaranteed, but one
integer is.  Anything else will not be parsed right.

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<Knghtbrd>     Europe Passes Pro-spam Law
<Knghtbrd> I though only Americans were that fucking stupid  =>
<Espy> apparently americans are quite naive :)